Weekly Reflection # 2

 5/23/21

    This week was huge in terms of learning and organization for me. It began when I found out that Dartmouth was not doing in person shadowing due to COVID. It was really sad to hear that yet another good thing was thwarted by this pandemic. However, we came up with the idea to use online shadow experiences, whether it's through Dartmouth or on YouTube. I spent a lot of time looking through the many different videos on shadowing in places like an ER, neurology lab, OB/GYN office and so on. Watching these shadows is not only going to be helpful for the students in the concentration, but it helped me a ton by allowing me to see even more of a hospital setting than I already have. It also helped me by showing me that I am also interested in OB/GYN practices. I really enjoyed watching these videos because it's something I’m interested in and going to college for.

    There were definitely a lot more surprises this week than last just because of the lack of in person shadow availability. I did get a little nervous about that but I do think that it will resolve itself as time goes on during the pandemic and everyone finishes up getting vaccinated. Besides that little hiccup, everything has gone according to plan and I have gotten a ton of hours this week.

    I have definitely benefited from this week’s activities because I learned so much about what learning medicine is like during COVID and how kids can find ways around the barriers. This whole week was a huge learning experience for me and I hope that kids in the future will have just as much fun learning about the medical field as I did. This past week also helped contribute towards my goal of getting kids a foot into the hospital door. I really hope that someday kids can get in person shadow hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 1

Senior Project Day 2

Senior Project Day 13