Senior Project Day 9

 5/19/21

Entry #9

I started the day off later than usual today since I got to bed kinda late yesterday. My plan of the day was the same as yesterday, instead, I looked for pediatric shadows and resources. This was super interesting because when people hear about pediatrics, they think of their primary care provider. Like when I hear pediatrics I think of Dr. Lester in New London. But it's a much bigger field than just that, like emergency pediatric medicine or anesthesia. I remember one practitioner recalled a story about how she had just had her first kid and was back at work when she experienced her first patient death. She said that being a partner taught her how the patient’s parents may feel. That was really touching to hear. 

I then touched base with Amy and she suggested that we reach out to NHTI for more resources. I think it's a good idea but not for right now, I think I should get the concentration started first.

Total hours for the day: 4 hours and 25 mins

Total hours: 35 hours and 25 mins

Written at 9:15 PM ET

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 1

Senior Project Day 2

Senior Project Day 13